CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

...And Then Bubbles Came Out of His Eyes.

I know, no one needs to tell me of the inappropriateness of my last two blog post titles. I just can't stop laughing about them. (Can I say, I'm a dork here?) :)


Well, my blog post will be lovely when I get around to writing it, I just wanted to really preface it before I begin...and then reiterate that I am a dork. :) Just kidding, I am still just laughing about last night.


First, thanks needs to be given to Echo, Michelle, and Trulee who brought loveliness to munch upon. Seriously, I had like, 5 of those indoor S'mores. Trulee's muffins were amazing, and Michelle's bean dip was awesome. The treats were so good that Carah suggested having the recipes from bookclub treats posted on the blog. I am going to second that motion, and suggest that the recipes be posted as comments on each month. So, Michelle, Trulee, and Echo...post last night's treat recipes here as comments.


Next I have to say that I am so happy that almost everyone read the book!! The discussion was great as a result, and it was really energizing to feel so armed with information on our current economy. I love feeling like I am still an intelligent, well-informed woman, AND a mother of small children. I love you all, and always feel much better about the fate of the world after having our discussions. I think that Inklings II should run for office in the next presidential election. Let's do away with one person attempting to run the country...I think everything should now be handled bookclub style! (Or we could just start our own country somewhere). :)


Our next meeting will be at Echo's house. (And if everything goes according to plan, everyone will get to play with Mia again there). The book will be "The Summerhouse" by Jude Deveraux. Treats will be provided by Krisanne, Carah, and Kristi, and Krisanne will be leading the discussion.

4 comments:

echo said...

recipe for Indoor S'mores

5 c. (1 bag) mini marshmallows
1 1/2 c. (1 bag) chocolate chips
1/4 c. Karo syrup
5 Tbsp. butter
8 c. (1 large box) Golden Grahams

Combine everything but Golden Grahams in bowl. Microwave 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in Golden Grahams. Press into 9X13 pan. Let cool & stuff yourself silly. ~ENJOY~

Trulee said...

I'm boring. It was just a mix from Lehi Roller Mills. Delicious Raspberry muffins!! Best when fresh from the oven. ;)

Michelle said...

Recipe for 7 layer dip (Cookie Sheet size)

2 cans Refried Beans
1 16 oz Guacamole
1 16 oz Sour Cream
3 Tbl Mayo
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
cheese (2 kinds)
4 or 5 Roma Tomatoes diced
3 or 4 Green Onions
small can of Diced Olives

Combine beans and 1/2 taco seasoning and spread on the pan. Then layer on guacamole. Mix sour cream, mayo and the rest of the taco seaoning. Layer over guacamole. Layer on cheese, then diced tomotoes, then onions and last olives. Enjoy!!

Michelle said...

By the way, I am love, love, loving this months book!!!!! I can hardly put it down. I may have to read Return To The Summerhouse before next month's book.