CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Did You Know That Baboons Can Be Serial Killers?

Can I just say once again that I love you people? Seriously, bookclub seems to come around just when I need it, and you people are just amazing. Maybe it isn't so much that bookclub is magically on the days that I am needing the interaction with you ladies...but that I could stand to see everyone more often, and am just really glad when we all get together. (Speaking of which...I will get with everyone on a date that we can all go and see the Michael Jackson movie).

This month we read "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". Although it will not go down as a bookclub favorite, the discussion was good nonetheless. We talked about what makes a story important to different time periods, and the nature of man. We also learned that baboons can be serial killers thanks to some lovely insight by Echo. Michelle supplied the meeting place, and some lovely treats, and I led the discussion.

Next month we are reading, "The Thirteenth Tale" which is already a favorite among those who have finished it, so I urge everyone who has not read it to do so...you will NOT be disappointed. It is AMAZING! We will be meeting at Janette's and Heather, Janette and June are bringing treats. Echo will be leading the discussion. Also, I am in need of a volunteer to have December's bookclub at their home. (It would be preferable to have someone from Bountiful as we have spent the last two months up North, and will be in Kaysville in November). Let me know if you could do this.

Again, I love all of you! We have the best bookclub EVER, and I am looking forward to seeing you next month.

0 comments: