CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July Bookclub-There Is No Me Without You

This month's book provided a wide range of emotional responses. The book was lifechanging for some, and passable for others. Some had a difficult time getting through it from bordeom, while some found it difficult because it was so real to them. This is one of the reasons that I so enjoy being a part of this bookclub. I have said it before, but I love to see what multiple people's perspective is on the same thing. I am so glad that we have such a diverse group of women who can form an opinion on a subject and come together for a discussion. I love to have my brain stretched.

Dena provided location and discussion, and Stacy provided treats for us at the last moment. Thank you, Stacy for your willingness to help out at a moments notice!

Next month we will be reading "Unwind". Please post me here or on the facebook group if you are looking for a copy, or have one to lend so that I can match books with people. Much love to all!

2 comments:

The Munkies said...

i can't get the poll to work, everytime i vote for a book it does not show up on the poll.
My votes are BLINK, SARAH'S KEY, HERETIC QUEEN, and THE GOOSE GIRL.
Stefie

sharla said...

I am looking for a copy of Unwind to borrow when someone up in our area is finished with it. If I know others are waiting on me to borrow it next, I can make reading it a priority and get it done fast for them. Also, I voted for Blink, but in case you want to know my second and third votes, I think the Gun Seller and Persian Pickle Club sound fun.