CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

That Crazy Old Guy and I Are Kindred Spirits...

Last night's bookclub was very lovely. We had some amazing treats thanks to the lovely and talented Mel, Sharla, and I believe Stacy. You people are amazing! Our friend Jill led an amazing discussion..which was no small feat as very few people read the book.

Speaking of that...we have decided to try a new pilot program in the lovely Inklings II Bookclub. (Have I said "lovely" enough yet?) We are going to pick books 6 months in advance instead of 12. This way, we can keep updated with books that we are really wanting to read, when we want to read them. Please post your thoughts on the matter here. Also, I would love any and all book suggestions for the next 6 month period...and this blog would be a lovely place to post them. As you will notice, there is a new column for the booklist. I will post all suggestions here, and all can reserch them before we vote. We will be voting on the next 6 month block soon...so get your suggestions to me ASAP. Also...is it more advantageous to vote for the books here on the blog, or at the meetings. What do you people think?

1 comments:

sharla said...

Okay so I think the 6 mo thing would be good and I also put my vote in for the book echo mentioned that she didn't know the title of, but was going to find out. It sounded like something I would want to read. ALso, how do you becoem a follower of this blog?