CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cancer, Arson, and Emmancipation

Last night was bookclub...and another LOVELY evening with the girls! Again, I love you all! Sharla provided the house, and the treats were AMAZING! Jeanette brought some kind of wonderful dip for chips, some amazing brownies, and to die for homemade breadsticks. Krissanne brought Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, which I think all will agree, are always a very welcome option, and Sharla did double duty by bringing chips and her lovely and famous mint brownies in addition to providing the location for our meeting. I just hope that we burned a lot of calories with our superior brain function. :)

We read My Sister's Keeper last month. I think that we all thought the book was sad, but very discussable. It brought up many interesting things to think about such as the ethics of having a child to save another, whether it is possible to parent all of your children amidst the crisis of having a terminally ill child, and others.

Next month, we are reading The Lovely Bones. Read it quick, my friends, because Atlas Shrugged is the book for July. PLEASE read it! We will have an AMAZING discussion about it if people will read it. It is good, people.

2 comments:

Marf said...

I am so sad I wasn't able to come to bookclub last night! I am excited to read our next book. Plus I second the motion to read "Atlas Shrugged" It is one of the most amazing books I have ever read!! It is long but well worth it! :)

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

okee dokee peeps... It has been WAY too long since I attended a bookclub... I am going to commit to reading Atlas Shrugged. What date in July is that bookclub?? I'm out of town three different times, but, if I am in town, I will be there with treats!!!! Miss and love to all, jules the goddess