CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Format

I have made an executive decision. The Inklings II Book Club will cease to exist in its previous form. There have been many conflicts, and a lot of people who have been concerned about many aspects of the way that the book club was functioning. If you would like a list detailing the reasons for the switch, feel free to message me.

Having said that, the book club will now function as a completely online book club. We will select a book that we will read throughout the month, and any discussion will be had in the comments section of this blog. (Please use a heading that alerts followers to the fact that a review or comment contains spoilers.) I will post the selections on the sidebar the same way that I always have. I have frequently advised people to check out the blog if they are looking for book selections as well. This will be an excellent opportunity to share our book selections with people. Also, it will give people the opportunity to see what we think about our book selections.

Please message me either on the facebook fan page, by text, or e-mail if you would like to suggest a book selection. I will select books based on the poll results, so please vote if you want your voice heard.

The book for January will be "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford. This was the selection for December that we did not have an official meeting for. Also, if there are people interested in having a physical meeting to discuss the books, we will meet on the last Tuesday of the month. If you are interested in that meeting, please message me, and I will provide a location. I will also provide a list of any questions for you to think about during your reading in the comments section of the blog.

I am sorry for any of you who are upset about the format switch. Again, please message me with any comments or questions.

Much Love!

(denab31@yahoo.com)

0 comments: